dragon

dragon
a dragon I saw at the International Festival

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I walked by the new Study Cafe' space today. It was interesting to do so after discussing it yesterday with the manager. I was struck by the beautiful woods and modern designs used in the space, especially the large beautiful wooden counter that is a focal part of one area. No curtains or shades yet.... I noticed some of the booths are turned so that you cannot see the persons who would sit there. Other booths and tables are very visible from the sidewalk although the glare from the glass does cut down a bit on visibility. It's a beautiful and innovative library space and one I hope to soon visit as a library patron.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very welcoming place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, Stephanie...I became a follower...I didn't know how to make a comment!!! That is soooooo funny!!!! I don't know how to unfollow, now!! I'll work it out later!

    Mr. Herron seems to have a good perspective on what the library users/students are wanting/needing! I am going to repeat myself here...but, I responded to a comment on my blog about the concern of food spills, etc...with a paraphrase that Eppo of the DOK library said, "You worry about spills from food and coffee? Hellooooooo! We loan books out for 2 weeks or more so people can take them home!!! How do you think they eat and read at home????" Sort of something to think about, that I had NEVER considered before! I DO think it is a bit of a different situation...but, still...!

    ok...I had to "select a profile" to make a comment??? what does that mean??? hahahaha! I am soooooo glad we did these blog things...I'm not as scared of them anymore...but, it IS new territory!!!

    ReplyDelete